Friday, October 28, 2016

Shout-out to Chatham Co Board of Elections

I voted this week.

Despite having to work my way past a group of partisans shouting at me to take a Blue Ballot, once inside the Pittsboro voting station I was met with pleasant and professional paid staff and volunteers. They quickly asked for my name and address (no ID, but that is another story) and within a couple minutes I had my paper ballot and had voted.

A big thanks to the staff and volunteers during what must be a difficult period, both due to partisanship in the County and the illness of the Elections Director. And a huge thanks to Chatham County for retaining paper ballots and not moving to electronic voting machines. Paper ballots give me confidence that my vote is counted. The electronics in a machine can go haywire for a variety of reasons. An ink mark on paper is reassuring.

Go vote - either vote early, or vote on Election Day. This is an important election.

No comments:

Post a Comment